Looking for a solution to your Credit card debt problem?
First of all, you can take comfort in the fact that you are not the only one fighting the credit card debt problem. There are hordes of people who might have an even worse credit card debt problem compared to you; all of them seeking to eliminate the credit card debt problem. So what is the solution to credit card debt problem?
Well, the solution really is to smash the credit card debt problem with full force and eliminate it completely. Now how do you do that?
There are many ways in which you can tackle credit card debt problem. Different people suggest different ways of tackling credit card debt problem. However, here is a simple step by step account of what you can do to get rid of credit card debt problem.
1. Take stock of the situation i.e. draw up a table with the following fields – Credit card name, balance, payment due day (the day of the month by which you are required to make payment of your credit card bill), APR, reward points earned, redemption offers applicable for your reward points balance, remarks.
2. Fill the table up with data from your various credit cards.
3. Figure out which credit card is contributing the most to the credit card debt problem i.e. highest APR and highest balance.
4. Check if reward points can be used to make partial payments or cover any kind of fees or if the points can be bartered for something you need (spending less means preventing the credit card debt problem from getting worse).
5. Draw a comparison table of offers available for eliminating credit card debt problem (i.e. consolidating credit card debt).
6. First eliminate debt on the credit card that is contributing the most to the credit card debt problem.
7. Practice controlled and healthy spending habits (after all you are looking to get rid of credit card debt problem and not aggravate the credit card debt problem).
8. Look for alternative means of adding to your income (more money means earlier termination of credit card debt problem)
9. See your debt reduce with time and celebrate the day when you finally put an end to your credit card debt problem.
Remember this is just one of the ways of tackling credit card debt problem; you might devise your approach for doing away with credit card debt problem. Any and every approach is good if it fulfils the objective i.e. eliminates credit card debt problem.
Credit card debt is really a menace and a lot of people are facing it around the globe. Credit card debt consolidation and bank loans are well known as ways of reducing and eliminating credit card debt. In all this confusion, credit card debt negotiation almost gets forgotten.
Well, credit card debt negotiation starts right from your credit accounts where you have the most hard-hitting credit card debt. This means credit card debt negotiation has to be taken up with your current credit providers. Before you misinterpret it, let me clarify that we are not talking about chucking off a portion of your debt through credit card debt negotiation. We are talking primarily about using credit card debt negotiations for getting the APR on your current credit cards reduced to some lower figure.
So, credit card debt negotiation is about talking to your current credit card suppliers for informing them about your intention to clear off your credit card debt and using your skills (credit card debt negotiation skills) to agree a lower APR rate with them. Basically, credit card debt negotiation is about asking your current credit card suppliers for help/assistance in clearing off your credit card debt. If credit card debt negotiation is successful, it will save you not only money (due to reduction in APR) but also the hassle that is associated with looking for a new credit card (to transfer balance).
However, if the credit card debt negotiation, with your current credit card supplier, doesn’t yield the desired results, you will have to look for other credit suppliers who can help you in consolidating your debt. Again, you will need your negotiation skills (rather credit card debt negotiation skills) to get a good deal from them. If your credit card debt negotiations work out well, you might be able to get a really low standard APR or you might get a longer term on 0% APR (or you might get both).
These are really the most important things and your credit card debt negotiations should concentrate more on these than anything else. The other thing to include on your credit card debt negotiation would be the credit limit and other benefits. Here, you are basically trying out the possibility of getting a better credit card as part of your credit card debt negotiation. For people with really bad credit rating, getting an unsecured bank loan or getting another credit card (for balance transfer) is really difficult. For them, getting an unsecured bank loan or credit card is what you would term as credit card debt negotiation.
So, don’t hesitate in going for credit card debt negotiation. It is surely an option available for all.
Credit card debt relief is what every debt-struck credit card holder is looking for. Credit card debt relief is not just about reducing or eliminating credit card debt; credit card debt relief is also about getting de-stressed. Credit card debt relief is about working for oneself and not just for the credit card debt that you have on you. Yes, it’s unfortunate but true. In fact, you can hear statements like “I have got a better job, now I can pack up my credit card debt even faster”. So, in that sense, credit card debt relief is really about getting your life back on the normal track.
The most important credit card debt relief comes in the form of de-stressing you. Everyone knows about the harmful effects of stress; so, if credit card debt relief means postponing your purchases for later, you should do so. There are no goods out there that can give you as much joy as credit card debt relief can.
Besides postponing the purchase of your favourite goods, there are few more things that you need to bring into practice in order to get credit card debt relief. Most of these credit card debt relief mechanisms advocate restraint spending e.g. preparing a (tight) monthly budget and sticking to it. Using cash instead of card for making the payments for your purchases is another advice. Debt consolidation is another popular way of getting credit card debt relief. You will find a lot of advice (and you can even hire a consultant) for ways to achieving credit card debt relief. So, there is no dearth of advice on credit card debt relief or credit card debt consolidation or credit card debt elimination. However, what is not so common is the advice on how to act in the post ‘credit card debt relief’ period i.e. after credit card debt elimination.
It goes without saying that if you don’t exercise care in the post ‘credit card debt relief’ period, you might again fall a prey to credit card debt. So, if you have been refraining from making purchases, you should not, all of a sudden, start purchasing all those favourite goods that you had been avoiding. The recommended guidelines for post ‘credit card debt relief’ period are not much different from the ones for achieving credit card debt relief. Here are the top 5:
1. Plan your expenses using a monthly budget
2. Do not buy anything that you don’t need
3. Do not go for too many credit cards (just one or two should be sufficient)
4. Always make full payments of your credit card bill and do it before the due date
5. Never use more than 60-70% of the credit limit available to you.