Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Is that promotion to medical director too good to be true? – Physicians, don’t make this huge mistake! (Physicians Practice)
- A physician shouldn’t be everything to everyone – How burnout ‘broke’ a doctor’s heart (Advisory Board)
- You may regularly deal with death but how often do you talk about yours? – Making death conversations fun! (KevinMD)
- Insurance coverage impacts treatment – Insurance Status May Affect How Well Patients Are Treated, Study Finds (MedPage Today)
- When social media challenges venture into healthcare emergencies – FDA: Here are the dangers of NyQuil chicken and Benadryl challenges on social media (Forbes)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Grabl has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.