Through 3 Quarters
The Los Angeles Lakers are giving their home crowd exactly what it was hoping to see. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Atlanta Hawks as the Lakers lead 103-87.
Los Angeles has been riding high on the performance of shooting guard Malik Monk, who has shot 7-for-10 from downtown and has recorded 27 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Avery Bradley’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Atlanta has been led by point guard Trae Young, who so far has posted a double-double on 23 points and 12 dimes in addition to six boards. This is the fourth consecutive game in which Young has had at least 11 assists.
the Hawks have lost 94% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Atlanta @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Atlanta 17-20; Los Angeles 20-19
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks’ road trip will continue as they head to Crypto.com Arena at 10 p.m. ET on Friday to face off against the Los Angeles Lakers. These two teams come into the matchup bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Hawks didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 108-102 win. Among those leading the charge for Atlanta was small forward Kevin Huerter, who dropped a double-double on 25 points and 11 rebounds along with five assists.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles was able to grind out a solid victory over the Kings on Tuesday, winning 122-114. The Lakers’ success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but shooting guard Malik Monk led the charge as he shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 24 points.
Atlanta is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Houston Rockets Dec. 13 easily too and instead slipped up with a 132-126. In other words, don’t count Los Angeles out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $71.00
The Lakers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won eight out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Mar 20, 2021 – Atlanta 99 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Feb 01, 2021 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Atlanta 99
- Dec 15, 2019 – Los Angeles 101 vs. Atlanta 96
- Nov 17, 2019 – Los Angeles 122 vs. Atlanta 101
- Feb 12, 2019 – Atlanta 117 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Nov 11, 2018 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Atlanta 106
- Feb 26, 2018 – Los Angeles 123 vs. Atlanta 104
- Jan 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 132 vs. Atlanta 113
- Nov 27, 2016 – Los Angeles 109 vs. Atlanta 94
- Nov 02, 2016 – Los Angeles 123 vs. Atlanta 116
- Mar 04, 2016 – Atlanta 106 vs. Los Angeles 77
- Dec 04, 2015 – Atlanta 100 vs. Los Angeles 87
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Abdomen)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Gorgui Dieng: Out (Covid-19)
- Chris Clemons: Out (Covid-19)
- Cameron Oliver: Out (Covid-19)
- De’Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)
- Solomon Hill: Out for the Season (Hamstring)