Wichita State @ Memphis
Current Records: Wichita State 13-11; Memphis 16-9
What to Know
The Wichita State Shockers haven’t won a game against the Memphis Tigers since Jan. 9 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Wichita State and Memphis will face off in an American Athletic battle at 2:30 p.m. ET at FedExForum. The Tigers should still be riding high after a win, while the Shockers will be looking to get back in the win column.
Wichita State was close but no cigar last week as they fell 76-74 to the Houston Cougars. Wichita State’s defeat shouldn’t obscure the performances of guard Craig Porter Jr., who had 17 points, and guard Ricky Council IV, who dropped a double-double on 17 points and ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Memphis didn’t have too much trouble with the Temple Owls at home this past Thursday as they won 78-64. Memphis’ center Jalen Duren was one of the most active players for the team, picking up 22 points in addition to six boards and three blocks.
The Shockers are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Wichita State is now 13-11 while the Tigers sit at 16-9. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Wichita State enters the contest with 4.8 blocked shots per game on average, good for 29th best in college basketball. But Memphis is even better: they rank fourth in college basketball when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 6.1 on average. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Tigers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Shockers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Tigers as a 9-point favorite.
Memphis have won five out of their last seven games against Wichita State.
- Jan 01, 2022 – Memphis 82 vs. Wichita State 64
- Jan 21, 2021 – Memphis 72 vs. Wichita State 52
- Mar 05, 2020 – Memphis 68 vs. Wichita State 60
- Jan 09, 2020 – Wichita State 76 vs. Memphis 67
- Feb 23, 2019 – Memphis 88 vs. Wichita State 85
- Jan 03, 2019 – Memphis 85 vs. Wichita State 74
- Feb 06, 2018 – Wichita State 85 vs. Memphis 65
Injury Report for Memphis
- Malcolm Dandridge: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Emoni Bates: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- John Camden: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Wichita State
- Isaac Abidde: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Jalen Ricks: Out for the Season (Knee)